Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Feel Better - September 2, 2008

I realized that I am living a life that is far-too-stressful to be comfortable. This conniption arose upon my reading a friend’s blog. She writes quite a bit about me, often using my name. It is the next level of voyeuristic that I am not quite willing to undertake.

Every once in a while I read something endearing about myself. Sometimes it is implied, other times boldly outright. Today, as I browsed through the multiple entries I have missed in the friend’s blog, I was naturally drawn to the reproduction of my name in a few paragraphs. When I saw a blatant compliment, I did as I always do: I copied the section and web page, pasted it into an email and proceeded to send it to myself. Once received, I labeled and filed the message under the topic heading “Feel Better.” In that folder I keep every electronic correspondence that reminds me of the important stuff and the good qualities I possess. It makes me feel better (original, I know).

When you have a folder where you keep stuff to make you feel better, it is a sure sign that you don’t feel so great a good portion of the time.

Yeah, things need to change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like you most of the time. I love you all the time...like a brother. You make me laugh and I make you cry. Generally speaking, your quite a good guy.

Now, tell me you love me.

-#1